Director of Human Resources
We are looking for an experienced Director of HR for our future Almanac X Prague Hotel.
To invite guests into the living, breathing experience of travel, to celebrate the sensorial details and authentic human stories as well as cultural connections found in Almanac.
EPICUREAN HOSPITALITY. A world where your hotel serves to truly feel connected to the local food and drink culture of the city. A place where those appreciating authentic, reimagined cuisine can experience relishing epicure and meet individuals that are truly passionate about their food culture.
We believe our interactions with guests are as important as the design of our hotels. In fact, our dedication to genuine, inviting, warm service is what we are most proud of. Our team members are the living, breathing example of the Almanac brand, making each guest feel cared for, among friends, and a part of this inspiring city.
Almanac X Prague, a hotel with a long history is being reinvented. Located on Stepanska, only a stone’s throw away from the famous Wenceslas Square in the heart of Prague´s New Town. The hotel will consist of 204 newly refurbished rooms and suites. A restaurant, bar, rooftop bar and coffee shop will be the main center of gatherings for locals and visitors alike. Currently undergoing a complete renovation, the hotel will open with a modern, lifestyle, F&B focused concept which includes a concept store, gym and multifunctional event spaces.
Your Job Director of Human Resources
The Director of Human Resources (DOHR) reports to the General Manager. The DOHR is responsible for the development and execution of the hotel’s people strategy.
What we trust you with
- Devising strategies for all managers to able to conduct Resourcing and Talent Planning through in line with business needs
- Supporting the Talent Development Officer and departmental trainers in ensuring annual training plans are set out and adhered to aimed at improving efficiency, improving quality, and driving people development
- Setting out the annual Pay & Reward strategy based on market insights that attracts and retains suitable talent in line with the company’s profitability goals
- Setting out and executing the annual employee engagement strategy to ensure maximum people retention in line with the Almanac X people culture
- Devising and executing strategies and tactics to ensure full compliance with local laws, regulations and recommendations of relevant authorities regarding human resources to achieve minimisation of likelihood of industrial action, warning or limitations of business activities imposed by governmental authorities and legal action taken by employees or partners
- Leading a people orientated HR Office with an open door, making employees feel welcome and being in tune with the needs of the overall operation to inform and adjust the HR strategy ensuring strategy alignment across the divisions and their needs
- Setting up systems, procedures and organisational structures ensuring maximum efficiency, accountability, transparency, and open communication across all layers of the organization
- Overseeing payroll and HR related administrative processes and ensuring accurate data collection and maintenance in line with company standards and GDPR regulation
- Taking an active role in the overall leadership of the hotel through the attendance and contribution at weekly senior leadership meetings
What makes you a match?
- 3-5 years’ experience in a HR Manager or Director of HR role in an upscale hotel
- Passion for people, their development and operational success stories
- Calm and strategic under pressure – establishing new brand in the market
- Pro-active and able to handle multiple objectives during fluctuating priorities, with a solution-oriented implementer and problem-solving approach
- Strong leadership skills to manage diverse employee group with a wide range of experience, resulting in a positive working environment for all
- Inclusive decision maker, good listener, clear communicator and influencer – someone who can bring the team along with them for maximum follow through
- English and Czech written and spoken to a very good degree is essential
Connected to Food Culture
What´s in it for you
The opportunity to open Prague’s first luxury lifestyle hotel
Being part of a privately owned hotel collection with low hierarchies
Setting standards for the whole collection
Various discounts in all WSF owned hotels
20 days annual leave
On the job training and development tailored to your needs