Group & Event Sales Manager
The Group & Events Sales Manager reports to the Director of Sales and looks after all groups (10 rooms +) and banqueting and event room sales for the Almanac Palais Vienna.
What we trust you with:
- Manage the group and event team
- Sales of events and room allotments, support customers from inquiry to invoice payments
- Responsible for reaching monthly targets
- Participate in-house meetings as required
- Process all incoming event, catering and group reservation inquiries and bookings
- Contact person for customers during the entire event planning and execution process
- Plan, organize and hold pre-function and weekly function meetings
- Live and Breathe the Almanac brand standards and be role model to the team and all hotel employees
- Prepare, implement and hold professional site inspections and client meetings
- Conduct contract negotiations and event arrangements
- Work with the Opera Sales & Catering system, insert all requests and relating correspondence accordingly
- Work with MICE online booking portals (Cvent, Helms Briscoe, etc.)
- Work on customer events in cooperation with Branding, Sales & Marketing team members
- Represent hotel at selected hotel and industry Sales events, locally
- Attend weekly and monthly in-house meetings where necessary and needed (Team Meeting, S&M Meeting, BEO Meetings, Revenue Meetings, etc.)
- Regular market research and competitive analysis
What makes you a match?
- Knowledge of the International luxury hotel market
- 1-2 years working in a similar position and pre-opening experience beneficial
- Communication, Teamwork and Organizational Skills needed
- Team player, organized, analytic, communicative, result driven, detail oriented, multi-tasking capabilities
- Self-motivated and energized, focused, motivated and keen
- Very good German and English skills, both verbal and written, additional language beneficial
- Energy and passion to work every day and be excited about living and working in Vienna
- Passion for flawless service, tenacity and the highest level of integrity and work ethic
- Deliver bespoke experiences for clients and employees
What is in it for you?
For this position we offer a monthly salary of at least 3000€ gross. An overpayment due to experience and/or special competence is possible and will be discussed individually.
The opportunity to open Vienna's newest luxury lifestyle hotel.
Good working atmosphere varied and challenging activities with a high degree of personal responsibility.
Setting standards for the entire hotel collection.
On-the-job training and development tailored to your needs.
Employee rates at sister hotels.
Special rates for friends and family for overnight stays.
25 days annual leave
Meals on duty
Further benefits available