Director of Food & Beverage
The Director of Food & Beverage reports to the General Manager and to the Corporate Director of Food & Beverage, while working together with the Executive Chef. S/he is a highly skilled professional manager who oversees the service operations, economics, and all administration of the entire F&B related front as well as back of the house areas of the hotel.
S/he is responsible for a service delivery and execution of SOPs during all F&B transactions and spearheading all F&B related Business Development and Sales & Marketing planning and activities.
The Director of Food & Beverages is responsible for managing the daily operations of all F&B outlets of the hotel, including the selection, development, and performance management of team members. In addition, s/he oversees the inventory and ordering of food and supplies, profit optimalisation while ensuring that guests are satisfied with their dining experience.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the business performance of all F&B outlets; business plan preparation and its agreed action plan execution towards desired profitability.
- Oversee and manage all areas of the outlets and make decisions on matters of importance.
- Delivers revenues and profits by developing, marketing, and providing appealing service, and managing staff.
Lead, inspire and guide the entire F&B department of the hotel
- Design service eco-systems and structure that enhance customers’ experience while keeping up upper-upscale luxury quality of all hotel’s F&B services and products
- Maintain comprehensive product knowledge including ingredients, equipment, suppliers, markets, current trends and make recommendations and data-based decisions for appropriate adjustments as needed to maximise revenues and minimise costs
- Submit cost proposal for all F&B items as and when requested
- Provide feedback regarding the food and beverage quality and adjustments on regular basis, at least on once-a-month basis
- Ensure that all food & beverage preparation is in accordance with regulatory and safety guidelines
- Together with beverage team design standardised presentation guidelines for each beverage
- Monitor inventory levels of all beverages related items
- Regularly review, adjust, and develop comprehensive, current, and guest focused set of departmental standards and procedures and oversee their implementation
- Prepare, present, implement, control, and monitor departmental budget
- Ensure all F&B related equipment and company’s assets are well looked after
- Ensure submission of monthly inventory and stock takes
- Propose up-selling techniques to achieve departmental targets
- Ensure readiness and compliance of all F&B team members
- Utilise management skills, effective communication, and motivation to maximise team members productivity as well as job satisfaction
- Ensure everyone on F&B team fully understands and follows hotel’s fire, emergency, and bomb procedures
- Ensure that emergency procedures are enforced to provide for the security and safety of guests and all employees
- Coach F&B management team members to work in a safe manner that does not harm or injure self or others
- Suggest ideas for improvement including, however not limited to – marketing and promotional content, business development, team member retention, sales incentives
- Hire, train, and manage F&B team members
- Deliver world-class F&B service experience while achieving desired KPIs
- Live and breathe the hotel brand standards and be role model to the team and all hotel employees
- Establish outlet business plans, marketing, and sales projections, analyses, and profit estimates.
- Meet outlet budget objectives; preparing strategic and annual forecasts and budgets; developing and implementing strategies to increase average meal checks.
- Control purchases and inventory; developing preferred supplier lists; reviewing and evaluating usage reports; analysing variances; taking corrective actions.
- Together with the Executive Chef design exceptional menus, purchase goods and continuously make necessary improvements.
- Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards
- Attracts customers by developing and implementing marketing, advertising, public and community relations programs with his team; evaluating program results; identifying and tracking changing demands.
- Maintain operations by preparing policies and standard operating procedures; implementing production, productivity, quality, and patron-service standards; determining and implementing system improvements.
- Maintain guest’s satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and auditing food, beverage, and service offerings; initiating improvements; building relationships with preferred customers.
- Accomplish outlets human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counselling, and disciplining management staff; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Maintain safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health and legal regulations; maintaining security systems.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in the restaurant industry; establishing networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Accomplish company goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
WHAT MAKES YOU A MATCH?
Minimum of 5 years-experience as a F&B Manager/Director of Food & Beverage/ Restaurant GM in a 5-star hotel or Michelin star awarded restaurant
- Proven ability to track expenses and manage given budgets
- Proven ability to lead and inspire a team
- Strong passion for the art of food and beverage creativity
- Hospitality Management Degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English and Spanish and another language preferred (German or French)
- Energy and passion to work every day or as per the business demand and be excited about living and working in Barcelona
- Passion for flawless service, tenacity and the highest level of integrity and work ethics
Deliver bespoke experiences for clients and team members alike.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Cost Accounting, Developing Budgets, Financial Planning and Strategy, Decision Making, Business Development, Strategic Planning, Verbal Communication, Customer Service, Management Proficiency, Managing Profitability, Quality Focus
The hotel offers continuous training, uniform cleaning, meals per shift, locker, being part of a team with a passion for hospitality and genuine guest service.
40 hours weekly contract.