Director of Sales
The Director of Sales (DOS) reports to the EAM Sales & Marketing. The DOS is responsible for the Sales and Group & Event Sales department of the Hotel.
To invite guests into the living, breathing experience of travel, to celebrate the sensorial details and authentic human stories and cultural connections found in Almanac.
Sensory Hospitality, A world where your hotel serves to truly feel connected to the soul of the city you have chosen to discover. A place where you can indulge in your senses and explore, equipped with the knowledge of a local shared by the Almanac Team. Where every hotel tells a unique story, representative of its locale. Where every visit feels like a different chapter that further completes your understanding of the world’s different cultures that create your very own Almanac.
We believe our interactions with guests are as important as the design of our hotels. In fact, our dedication to genuine, inviting, warm service is what we are most proud of. Our staff is the living, breathing example of the Almanac brand, making each guest feel cared for, among friends, and a part of this inspiring city.
Almanac Palais Vienna, a culturally rich hotel is located on the Ringstrasse, which is arguably the most beautiful boulevard in the world. The hotel consists of 111 accommodations, of which more than two thirds are suites. A restaurant and bar will be the main center of gathering for locals and visitors alike. Currently undergoing a complete renovation, the hotel will open with a sophisticated spa, concept store, coffee shop and stunning event spaces.
What we trust you with
- In charge of the Sales department (Sales, Group & Event Sales) and ensures a guest, staff, client, owner and profit-oriented running of the department.
- Promote awareness and maximize revenues for Almanac Palais Vienna
- Arrange and implement the annual Sales strategy in coordination with the EAM to generate leads and convert business from all markets, considering the available business intelligence data (Opera, Travelclick, STR, etc.)
- Look after clients from a specific segment and market
- Account and Sales Management for existing clients and new customer acquisition alike
- Organization and execution sales related travel within the assigned markets, alone, with co-workers and to attend (and organize) trade shows and road shows on behalf of the hotel
- Enter and manage all contact details and Sales related activities in the Opera system provided for this purpose as well as the creation of ROI analyzes
- Plan, organise and implement customer loyalty and sales measures (e.g., client meetings, regular customer newsletters, sales trips, customer events and entertainment, fam trips, etc.)
- Create regular Sales reports to document Sales activity outcome and inform and update superiors and co-workers
- Key components are guest satisfaction, employee satisfaction, guidance and leadership, profit maximization, budget and cost control
- Live and Breathe the Almanac brand standards and be role model to the team and all hotel employees
- Train, guide and lead the department personnel in their performance of their duties as to specific position responsibilities, performance techniques, reporting procedures, etc.
- Clear communication for vision of property, in various presentation formats, for engagement with clients and support team in closing business
- Monitor and identify current and future business trends to ensure profitable sales in periods of low and high demand
- Plan, organise and participate in sales related travel, trade fairs and roadshows according to the budget
- Coordinate and manage the International Sales Agencies and Regional Directors of Sales acting on behalf of the hotel
- Attend weekly and monthly meetings where necessary and needed
- Represent hotel at selected hotel and industry Marketing & PR events
- Attend seminars and conferences to improve on existing job knowledge
- Regular market research and competitive analysis
- Active networking with local, national and international Sales and Marketing Organisations
- Independent management of travel plans, bookings and expense reports, considering the previously agreed budget
What makes you a match
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role mandatory
- Previous experience within the Luxury Market, coupled with a keen eye for photography, trends and art will be a strategic advantage.
- Energy and passion to work every day and be excited about living and working in Vienna
- Passion for flawless service, tenacity and the highest level of integrity and work ethic
- Deliver bespoke experiences for clients, guests and employees
- Calm and strategic under pressure – opening hotel
- Pro-active and able to handle multiple objectives during fluctuating priorities, with a solution-oriented implementer and problem-solving approach
- Strong leadership skills to manage diverse employee group with a wide range of experience, resulting in a positive working environment for not only Sales and Marketing, but across all Divisions
- Inclusive decision maker, good listener, clear communicator and influencer – someone who can bring the team along with them for maximum follow through
- Strong background in both group meeting and individual travel sales as the hotel will target these important segments.
Connected to Culture